06.12.2019 / 15:00
Photography as a Tool of Representation of Political Violence in the 20th Century: Strategies and Interpretations
Roundtable discussion "Photography as a Tool of Representation of Political Violence in the 20th Century: Strategies and Interpretations" in the framework of "Politics and Culture" Seminar (58–60 Galernaya Street).
- Gil Pasternak (De Montfort University, England) "At Home with ’Palestine’: Performing Historical Photographs of the West Bank in Israeli Households"
- Denis Skopin (SPbU) "The Shoes of the Dead. Notes on the Polemics Heidegger-Shapiro-Derrida"
- Erika Wolf (Tyumen University) "The Visual Construction of the Stalinist Body Politic: El Lissitzky’s Stalin Constitution Photomontages in SSSR na Stroike (1937)"
- Evgeny Savitsky (RGGU, Moscow) "Tamed savages? Ethnic exhibitions, anthropological photography and duped scientists, late 19th — early 20th century"
- Georgy Lajus (SPbU) "Bifacial Propaganda: Images of Soviet Posters in Poetry of late Mandel'stam"
- Ekaterina Chefonova (SPbU) "Mental Illness in Photography — Way to Inclusion or Exclusion?"
- Evgenia Gorozhantseva (SPbU) "On Empathogenic Potential of Photography: When do not we Simply Regard on the Pain of Others?"
- Daria Manzhura (SPbU) "Ambivalence of the Labor in Pictures of American Workers"