Shakespeare. The Art of Interpretation
International Multidisciplinary Conference "Shakespeare. The Art of Interpretation" (58-60 Galernaya Street).
November 29, Tuesday
10:00-10:15am Conference Opening. Plenary Addresses: Tatiana Boborykina (St.Petersburg State University) "Chair of the Conference’s Program Committee"
10:15-12:00am Morning Session
- Oleg Gabyshev (St.Petersburg Eifman Ballet) "Reflections on Shakespeare in Movement"
- Natalya Zlobina (The Rimsky-Korsakov St.Petersburg State Conservatory; St.Petersburg State Institute of Culture and Arts) "Shakespeare’s Juliet in Choreographic Interpretation"
- Miriam Hasikova (Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic) "The Ballet 'Othello' as the Example of Both Artistry and Politics in Czechoslovakia in the Second Half of 20th Century"
- Kimberly Glassman (Concordia University, Canada) "The Bifocality of Dance in Shakespeare’s 'Twelfth Night': An Analysis of Shakespearean Dance Adaptations"
12:30-2:00pm Afternoon Session
- Irina Burova (SPbSU) "Shakespeare's Last Will and Testament: a Domain of Enigmas"
- Tatiana Boborykina (SPbSU) "Shakespeare’s Motif in the Works by Oscar Wilde"
- Rebecca Cole Heinowitz (Bard College, USA) "Radical Violence: The Specter of Hamlet in Percy Shelley’s The Cenci"
- Andrey Yuriev (Russian State Institute of Performing Arts, St.Petersburg) "Ibsen and Shakespeare"
2:00-2:30pm Lunch Break
2:30-4:30pm Afternoon Session
- Gennadiy Stadnikov (The Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, St.Petersburg) "H.Heine on Shakespeare"
- Olga Ushakova (Tyumen State University, Tyumen) "Shakespearean Masks in T.S.Eliot’s Poetry"
- John A.Taylor (SPbSU) "Shakespeare in the 18th Century Popular Literature"
- Valery Timofeev (SPbSU) "Iris Murdoch’s The Black Prince: a Self-portrait of the Author Reproduced as William Shakespeare Appearance"
- Dmitry Travin (EUSP) "Shakespeare as a Sociologist"
5:00-6:20pm Evening Session
- Inna Nekrasova (Russian State Institute of Performing Arts, St.Petersburg) "French Theater of the 18th Century on the Approaches to Shakespeare’s Tragedy"
- Olga Markaryan (Russian State Institute of Performing Arts, St.Petersburg) "Shakespeare as a Starting point in the Changing Theory of Tragedy: Germany, late 18th, Early 19th Century"
- Tatiana Tkach (Russian State Institute of Performing Arts, St.Petersburg) "Looking for the First studio and MHAT-2 in Shakespeare’s Space: From Joy of the Game to the Model of Creation"
- Maksim Gudkov (SPbSU) "'What’s Shakespeare to them?': Experience of the American Group Theatre"
6:30-8:00pm Evening Session
- Adhaar Noor Desai (Bard College, USA) "Shakespeare. The Art of Re-Reading"
- Danila Korogodsky (Theater Pokoleniy, St.Petersburg) "How I directed plays by William Shakespeare and how William Shakespeare directed me"
- Ekaterina Tkacheva (St.Petersburg University of the Humanities and Social Sciences, St.Petersburg) "Interpretation of Shakespeare's Plays in German Theater of 1910-1930’s"
- Orlin Stefanov (Union of Bulgarian Scholars, Sofia, Bulgaria) "Theater of Polonius? Or, Theatre of Hamlet!"
November 30, Wednesday
10:00-12:00am Morning Session
- Olga Dzhumaylo (Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don) "Mirror poetics: metatextual 'Hamlet' (2000) by Michael Almereyda"
- Zhamila Dvinyatina (SPbSU) "Unfilmable Shakespeare"
- Elena Dotsenko (Ural State Pedagogical University, Ekaterinburg) "‘Shakespeare’s’ Screenplays by Tom Stoppard'
12:30-4:00pm Afternoon Session
- Geoff Lehman (Bard College, Germany) "Shakespeare's Phenomenology of Perspective"
- Nikolay Zakharov (Moscow University for the Humanities, Moscow) "Portrait Images of Shakespeare"
- Ivan Chechot (SPbSU) "The History of German Annexation of Shakespeare. Julius Langbehn"
- Maria Chernysheva (SPbSU) "Shakespeare's Significance for the French Romantic Painters Psychoanalysis"
- Nina Savchenkova (SPbSU) "The problem of Psychoanalytic Interpretation of Shakespeare’s Works"
- Elena Khodorkovskaya (SPbSU) "'Shakespeare' as a Concept of Critical Music Discourse in Romantic Era"
- Nadezhda Markaryan (Russian State Institute of Performing Arts, St.Petersburg) "Shakespeare and Tchaikovsky’s symphonic style"
4:15-5:30pm Gala Dinner
- Boborykina Tatiana
- Taylor John
- Timofeev Valery
- Gudkov Maksim
- Dvinyatina Zhamila
- Chechot Ivan
- Chernysheva Maria
- Savchenkova Nina
- Khodorkovskaya Elena