Roundtable discussion "Civil Society in the 21st Century" in the framework of "Critique of the Social Sciences and Humanities" Seminar and "Human Rights" Seminar (58–60 Galernaya Street).
11:15am Plenary Session
- Jean Cohen (Columbia University, USA) "Populism, Civil Society and Religion"
- Andrew Arato (New School, USA) "The US Constitution, Civil Society and Federalism after Trump"
3:00pm Session 1
- Carine Clement (SPbU) "Is the Concept of Civil Society Helpful to Understand Russian Politics?"
- Oleg Kharkhordin (EUSP) "Civil Society and Orthodox Christianity: The Fate of a Hypothesis 20 Years Later"
- Elena Belokurova (SPbU) "Neo-liberal and Conservative Challenges for Civil Society: Perspective of Civil Society Organizations"
5:00pm Coffee break
5:30pm Session 2. Greg Yudin (Higher School of Economics) "Respect and Despise: Hegel's Theory of Public Opinion"
10:30am Session 1
- Artemy Magun (SPbU) "The Relevance of Sovereignty"
- Fyodor Lukianov (Higher School of Economics) "Regain Сontrol: New Fashion in International Politics and Future of the World Order"
12:00pm Coffee break
12:30pm Session 2
- Evgeny Roshchin (Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration) "Sovereignty and Friendship"
- Olga Bashkina (University of Leuven, Belgium) "Two Sides of Sovereignty: Popular vs National"
- Bas Leijssenaar (University of Leuven, Belgium) "Democratic Legitimacy: Constituent Power Beyond the State"
3:30pm Roundtable discussion "How to Conceive a Non-repressive Sovereignty?"