International conference "Economic Culture: Values and Interests" (58–60 Galernaya Street).
10:00am Conference opening and morning session. Moderator: Danila Raskov
- Arjo Klamer (Erasmus University, Netherlands) "Culture Matters"
- Ronald Inglehart (Michigan University, USA) "Economic Development and Happiness: From Maximizing Economic Gains to Maximizing Well-Being"
12:00pm Coffee break
12:30pm Noon session. Moderator: Oleg Ananiin
- Carsten Herrmann-Pillath (Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany) "An Evolutionary Approach to Culture and Economy: General Principles and Application on China"
- Ivan Boldyrev (Higher School of Economics; Humboldt University, Germany), Olesia Kirtchik (Higher School of Economics) "Soviet Mathematical Economists During the Brezhnev Era: Disciplinary Status and Epistemic Culture"
- Aleksei Levinson (Higher School of Economics; Levada Center, Moscow) "'Pro-Market' and 'Pro-Socialist' Values in Russia Today. Based on Levada Center Opinion Studies"
3:00pm Parallel sessions 1
Values, Morals and Myth. Moderator: Arseny Tarabanov
- Oksana Ponukalina (Saratov Social and Economic Institute) "Value Foundations of Consumer Behavior"
- Amanar Akhabbar (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) "Transparency and Homo Economicus' Morals: Bentham's Contribution"
- Vera Gushchina (Voronezh State University) "The Divine Conceptual Sphere in Urian Oaks' Sermons"
- Tatiana Malkova "Accounting and Economic Categories in the Bible and Koran"
- Grigory Tulchinsky (SPbU; Higher School of Economics) "Branding Areas as Economics of the Myth"
Economic Theory and Culture. Moderator: Denis Kadochnikov
- Eduard Karavaev (SPbU) "Some Historical Notes on the Conception 'Evolutionarily Stable Strategy'"
- Andrey Zaostrovtsev (Higher School of Economics) "Douglass North on Culture"
- Valery Mikheev (SPbU) "Economic Culture and Economic Practice"
- Greg Yudin (Higher School of Economics) "Free Riders Between Models and Bus Stops: For a Sociology of Disembedded Economy"
5:00pm Coffee break
5:30pm Evening session. Moderator: Leonid Shirokorad
- Petr Klyukin (Higher School of Economics, Moscow) "Russian Tradition of Economic Analysis of the End of 19th—Beginning of 20th Century as a Historical and Cultural Phenomenon"
- Gregory Sandstrom (European Humanities University, Lithuania), Svetlana Kirdina (Institute of Economics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow) "Economics and Humanitarian Knowledge: Tension in the Institutional Matrix"
- Dmitry Panchenko (SPbU) "Economic Ethos of Archaic Greece"
- Danila Raskov (SPbU) "The Sacred and the Secular in the Economic Culture of Foreign Old Believers"
10:00am Morning session. Moderator: Danila Raskov
- Oleg Ananiin (Higher School of Economics, Moscow) "Cultural Dimension of Economy"
- Deirdre McCloskey (University of Illinois, USA) "How We Got Rich, and Why It Has Nothing to Do with Neoclassical or Marxist or Neoinstitutional Economics"
12:00pm Coffee break
12:30pm Noon session. Moderator: Aleksei Levinson
- Anton Oleynik (Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada; Central Economics and Mathematics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow) "Data Making and Mining in the Study of Economic Culture"
- Natalia Ryzhova (Institute for Economic Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Khabarovsk) "Russia's Periphery: What do We Know about Local Economic Culture?"
3:00pm Parallel sessions 2
Economic Culture: Various Aspects. Moderator: Andrey Vorobiev
- Denis Kadochnikov (SPbU) "Political and Ideological Arguments in the Discussions on the Rationale for International Policy Coordination Between Two World Wars"
- Daria Pushkina (SPbU) "The Conflict in Democratic Republic of Congo and Global Economic Culture"
- Ivan Rozmainsky (SPbU; Higher School of Economics) "Why in the 21st Century Economic Growth in the Developed Countries May Slow? An Experience of Post Keynesian Analysis"
- Arseny Tarabanov (SPbU) "Art Markets: Information Efficiency and Entrepreneurial Creativity"
Russian Economic Culture. Moderator: Aleksander Dubyansky
- Aleksander Dubyansky (SPbU) "Problem of the Formation of Value Orientations in the Credit Relations in Modern Russia"
- Andrey Sosnilo (Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation) "The Political and Administrative Culture of Developed Countries, and Modern Russian Practice"
- Dmitry Pletnev, Viktor Barhatov (Chelyabinsk State University) "The Corporate Culture as a Routinized Process"
- Nina Oding (Leontief Centre) "State and Private Property in Russia"
5:00pm Coffee break
5:30pm Evening session and final discussion. Moderators: Anton Oleynik, Danila Raskov
- Yury Tulupenko (Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia) "Economics and Aesthetics: Sentimentalism to Romanticism and Beyond"
- Aleksander Pogrebnyak (SPbU) "Categories of Value and Interest: Philosophical and Economic Meanings"