12 BA majors
- 21th Century Fiction
- Alexander Scriabin and His World
- America and Americanisms
- Architecture of Soviet Russia
- Cognitive Aspects of Conflict Resolution
- Comparative History of Europe
- Crime and Punishment: Theory, Criminal Politics, and Human Rights
- Demographic History, Problems and Policy in the USSR / Russia
- Documentary Film Evolution in the 20th Century: from Document to Falsification
- Economics of Digital Transformation
- Fairytale vs Reality: Charles Dickens Against the Background Victorian England
- Film and the City
- How to Think Globally? "Global Citizenship" and Problems of Contemporary World
- Image of Death in Music
- Inroduction to Computer Science
- International Organizations and Institutions
- Introduction to International Relations
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Introduction to Social Psychology
- Arts Management: Theoretical and Practical Tools for Curators
- Creative Writing with New Media
- Evolution of Human Thinking and Language
- Interdisciplinary Approach to Language Learning
- New Media in Contemporary Art
- Philosophical Aestetics
- Philosophy of Science
- Practicum in Art Criticism
- Public Art
- Text in Visual Art
- The Art of Moving Images in the Contemporary Curatorial Project
If you are an American college student and would like to study at Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences of St. Petersburg University for a semester or academic year, you can receive more information by visiting the Bard—Smolny Study Abroad Program.
Approximately 25 courses are taught in English each semester at Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences of St. Petersburg University in disciplines such as Russian literature, film, international relations, political science, architecture, and psychology. For more information visit see the courses and descriptions here.
RSL is offered at Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences of St. Petersburg University in aspects such as conversation, grammar, and analytical reading and writing.
Students can become involved in various clubs and activities at Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences of St. Petersburg University such as the Eco Club, Russian film club, Pottery club, LA.
The Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences is the first bachelor's program in Russia that is based on the principles of liberal arts education. The educational process is student oriented as well as interdisciplinary and emphasis is placed on developing students' creative thinking and problem solving skills. Graduates of the program possess the skills to adapt to the ever changing economy and job market.
All graduates of the bachelor's program "Liberal Arts and Sciences," irrelevant of their major, receive a diploma from St. Petersburg University and Bard College. In addition to bachelor students, master's students in the programs "Curatorial Studies" and "Musical Criticism" also receive two diplomas. This speaks to the international recognition of the education offered. Furthermore, during the course of studies, more than one-third of students spend a semester abroad.
Our graduates are able to conduct a multidisciplinary dialogue and they possess the skills to think critically and effectively communicate, including in a foreign language. Over the course of their education, students acquire the experience of speaking publicly and making presentations as well as working creatively in a team. This all assists students in helping them to find fulfilling work or continue their education in leading universities in Russia and the world.
Read more about what our graduates have to say about their education.