International conference "Economic Culture of Modern Capitalism"
- Aleksei Kudrin (SPbU)—chairman
- Danila Raskov (SPbU)
- Aleksander Pogrebnyak (SPbU)
- Denis Kadochnikov (SPbU)
- Andrey Vorobiev (SPbU)
10:00am Opening of the conference and Morning Session. Chair: Danila Raskov
- Mitchel Abolafia (University at Albany, USA) "The Cultural Contradictions of Markets"
- János Kornai (Harvard University, USA; Corvinus University, Hungary) "Breaking Promises and the Consequences: A General Problem in the Light of Hungarian Experience"
12:00pm Coffee break
12:30pm Afternoon Session. Chair: Viktor Ryazanov
- Aleksei Kudrin (SPbU) "The Impact of the Economic Culture of European Countries on the Overcoming of the Debt Crisis"
- Rustem Nureev (Higher School of Economics, Moscow) "Economic Culture: Theory and Methodology"
3:00pm Evening Session. Chair: Rustem Nureev
- Viktor Ryazanov (SPbU) "Economy and National Culture: Specifics of the Relationship"
- Aleksander Pogrebnyak, Danila Raskov (SPbU) "Economy as a Culture: Revisiting 'Methodenstreit'"
- Anton Oleynik ("Memorial" University, Canada) "Power Relationships as an Element of Economic Culture"
- Pascal Bridel (University of Lausanne, Swizerland) "The 'Treasury View:' The Return? Or Why Theoretical Arguments Seldom Die"
6:00pm Coffee break
6:30pm Presentation of the book by János Kornai "Thinking on Capitalism" (Russian edition)
- Andrey Zaostrovtsev (Higher School of Economics) "Is It Capitalism Still Alive?"
- Natalia Drozdova (SPbU) "Research Program of János Kornai: Economic Historian View"
- Viktor Ryazanov (SPbU) "Sunlight on Cold Water of Capitalism"
10:00am Morning Session. Chair: Aleksei Penzin
- Sergey Fokin (SPbU) "Ethics of Capitalism: Language, Judicial Logic, Responsibility Terror"
- Antonella Corsani (University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne, France) "The 'Wage / Labor Relations' in Neoliberal Cognitive Capitalism"
11:30am Coffee break
12:00pm Afternoon Session. Chair: Pascal Bridel
- Leonid Shirokorad (SPbU) "State, the Development of Political Economy and the Culture of Economic Thinking in Russia"
- Denis Kadochnikov (SPbU) "Economic Theory and the Genesis of Cultural Values"
- Jeffrey Hass (Richmond University, USA) "Evolution of Economic Culture in Post-Socialist Russia"
- Vladimir Efimov (France) "Morals, Economy and Economic Theory"
3:000pm Parallel Session 1
Cultural Differences and the Economy of Russia. Chair: Denis Kadochnikov
- Andrey Vorobyev (SPbU) "Demand for Paternalism in Russian Regions: Economic-Cultural Aspects"
- Nina Oding, Lev Savulkin (Leontief Centre) "Culture, Institutions and Economic Behavior in Russia"
- Pavel Zaharyin (SPbU) "Fiscal Sociology: Tax Culture and Social Embeddedness of Taxation Practices"
Economic Culture in Historical Perspective. Chair: Arseny Tarabanov
- Daria Pushkina (SPbU) "Economic Aspects of Modern Civil Wars: Modern Capitalism or Ancient Anarchy?"
- Aleksander Bessolitsin (Moscow University for Industry and Finance) "Social Responsibility of Business as an Indication of Economic Culture of Capitalism in Russia in the End of 19th—Early 20th Century"
- Aleksander Dubyansky (SPbU) "Cultural Aspect of Usury and Interest Rate"
4:40pm Parallel Session 2
Economics and Institutions. Chair: Andrey Vorobiev
- Ivan Rozmainsky (SPbU; Higher School of Economics) "Economic Culture as a Factor and a Barrier of Economic Growth in Different Economic Systems"
- Viktor Kaploun (SPbU) "How to Analyze and Change Institutions? Or What Modern Philosophy of Action Can Tell to the New Institutional Economics?"
- Andrey Veiher (Higher School of Economics) "Methodological Threats of Applying Similar Categories in Different Institutional Discources"
Specifics of Modern Capitalism. Chair: Antonella Corsani
- Arseny Tarabanov (SPbU) "Market Trend as a Narrative Structure"
- Kirill Popov (SPbU) "On the Subjective Foundations of Cognitive Capitalism"
- Nikolai Markevich (Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania) "Economic Culture of Decision-Making in Lithuania"
6:10pm Coffee break
6:30pm Final discussion