Modern Monetary Theory
Roundtable discussion "Modern Monetary Theory and Alternative Monetary Systems" in the framework of the "Economics and Culture" Seminar (58–60 Galernaya Street).
1:30pm Welcome сoffee
2:00pm Session 1: Optimal Macroeconomic Policy: MMT Approach. Moderator: Jan Kregel
- Viktor Tunyov (Agidel Asset Management, Perm) "MMT for Emerging Markets and Russia: Sovereignty, Capital Flows and Economic Growth Financing"
- Vadim Grishchenko (Central Bank of the Russian Federation, Moscow) "Can MMT Be Applied to the Russian Economy? Historical and Empirical Evidence of Monetary Sovereignty"
- Alberto Botta (University of Greenwich, UK) "Space for Fiscal Policy in Developing Countries and the International Financial System"
- Vasily Tkachev (Moscow State Institute of International Relations, Moscow) "The Role of MMT in the Current Debate on Monetary and Fiscal Policy in U.S. 2020 Presidential Campaign"
4:00pm Coffee break
4:30pm Session 2: International Macroeconomics and Reforming the System of Global Finance. Moderator: Danila Raskov
- Jan Kregel (Bard College, USA) "Are Crypto Currencies Money?"
- Mikhail Golovnin (Institute of Economics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow) "Challenges from Current International Monetary System for National Monetary Systems (Case of Russia)"
- Ivan Rozmainsky (SPbU; High School of Economics) "Financial Fragility Hypothesis-Based Analysis of the Private Nonfinancial Sector of Portugal in 2001–2017"
- Yulia Vymyatnina (EUSP) "Macroeconomics and Finance: Getting Closer or Falling Still Further Apart?"
6:40pm Session 3: International Monetary Reform in the Digital Age. Moderator: Vsevolod Ostapenko