Night Whites 2022
The Sixth St. Petersburg Winter Workshop on Experimental Studies of Speech and Language (58–60 Galernaya Street).
- Tatiana Chernigovskaya (SPbU)—chair
- Kira Gor (University of Maryland, USA)
- Andriy Myachikov (Northumbria University, UK)
- Natalia Slioussar (Higher School of Economics, Moscow; SPbU)
- Tatiana Petrova (SPbU)
- Yury Shtyrov (Aarhus University, Denmark; Higher School of Economics, Moscow; SPbU)
9:50am Opening remarks by Tatiana Chernigovskaya
10:00am Keynote lecture 1. Andrey Kibrik "Pro-pluralism in Experimental Linguistics. To the Memory of Russell Tomlin"
11:00am Coffee break
11:15am Session 1
- Elizaveta Galperina, Olga Kruchinina, Аleksander Kornev "ERP Correlates of Syllables Reading in Children Aged 8–10 years in Dyslexia"
- Anastasia Gerasimova "Agreement Variation in Russian Binominal Clauses: The Role of Inversion and Prosody"
- Militina Gomozova, Anastasia Lopukhina, Valeria Lezzhova, Olga Dragoy "Towards the Continuum Model of Language Disorder in Children"
- Daria Chernova, Polina Maksimova "Orthographic Representation of Words in the Mental Lexicon: Exposure to Print Affects Performance in Spelling Recognition Task"
- Daria Belova "Splitting of Complex Prepositional Phrases in Russian: Experimental Approach"
2:35pm Session 2
- Diana Vrubel "Matching Features of Conjuncts Increase Acceptability: Is This Syncretism Effect?"
- Anastasia Ivanenko, Natalia Slioussar, Anastasia Vyrenkova "The Assessment of the Slider Tool for Measuring Affective Norms of Russian Nouns"
- Maria Kiose, Sergey Makeev, Anna Rzheshevskaya, Anna Izmalkova "Exploring Gaze as Modulated by Text Event Semantics in the Pilot Corpus MultiCorText"
- Anna Izmalkova "Cognitive strategies of L2 Vocabulary Learning out of Context: An Eye Tracking
4:15pm Coffee break
4:30pm Keynote lecture 2. Natalia Slioussar "Attractions of Agreement: What Three Decades of Experiments Taught Us"
5:30pm Poster session 1
- Maria Maksimova, Polina Vasilieva, Vera Evdokimova, Yulia Kleymenova, Kristina Kondratenko, Daria Mankevich "Spectral and Temporal Characteristics of Whispered Speech"
- Pavel Skrelin, Uliana Kochetkova, Vera Evdokimova, Tatiana Kachkovskaya, Polina Vasilieva "Interaction of Prosodic and Paralinguistic Cues of Irony Expression in Russian"
- Anastasia Konovalova, Tatiana Petrova "Reading Advertising Posters with Deliberate Ambiguity"
- Marina Norkina, Svetlana Alekseeva, Daria Chernova, Maria Kharchevnik "Lexical Access in L1 and L2 Reading: An Eye-Tracking Study"
- Tatiana Polferova, Daria Chernova "Coherent Text Processing: The Role of Individual Differences in Print Exposure (An Eye-Tracking Study)"
- Marina Vasilieva, E. Artemenko, Veronika Knyazeva, V. Voskresenskaya, Aleksander Aleksandrov, Yury Shtyrov "Single-Shot Semantic Mapping in the Developing Brain: The Input of Articulation into Novel Word Learning"
- Polina Chinyaeva, Polina Rafailova "Role of Colors in Understanding Russian Mentality: Evidence from Association Experiments"
- Anastasia Ananeva, Daria Gineva, Vera Evdokimova, Sofia Kuryakova, Aleksander Piksasov "Phonetic Changes in Speech in Various Physical States"
- Tatiana Ledneva, Yury Shtyrov, Andriy Myachykov "Linguistic Cues in Affordance-Aesthetics Interaction"
- Nadezhda Moroshkina, Alina Savina, Artur Ammalaynen, Valeria Gershkovich, Olga Lvova, Elena Pavlyuchik "Connecting Aha-Experience with Subjective Difficulty in Solving Polycode Rebus Puzzles"
- Anna Vasilieva, Maria Chepalova "Experience in Conducting an Associative Experiment in a Chinese Audience"
- Sergey Oganov, Aleksander Kornev "Repeated Readings in Written Text Comprehension: Eye-Tracking Study in Dyslexics Aged 9–12"
- Svetlana Alekseeva, Alisa Lezina, Aleksandra Vorobieva "Letter Processing in Finnish: Does Orthography Matter?"
- Daria Antropova, Daria Chernova, Natalia Slioussar "Detecting Case and Number Agreement Errors in Participial Modifiers: An Experimental Study on Russian"
- Tatiana Petrova, Mikhail Ivanov" Oral or Silent Reading: What is Better for Sight Translation? Evidence from Eye-Tracking"
- Polina Shirokova, Anna Izmalkova, Andriy Myachikov" Eye Movement Correlates of Working Memory in Reading: Current Status and Research Perspectives"
- Maria Nelyubina, Anastasia Surova "The Linguistic Characteristics of Spontaneous Speech Impairments in Dynamic Aphasia"
10:00am Keynote lecture 3. Andriy Myachykov "Sentence Production from Perception to Speaking"
11:00am Coffee break
11:15am Session 3
- Olga Kruchinina, Elizaveta Galperina "Brain Mechanisms for the Acquisition of Thematic Roles Assignment in Passive Sentences"
- Konstantin Ryabinin, Kira Guseva, Elena Erofeeva "Perception Study of Multimodal Information in Virtual Reality Leveraged by Eye Tracking and Visual Analytics"
- Vasilisa Stepanova "ScreeLing Test: Adaptation and Standardisation for Russian"
- Ksenia Studenikina "Parametrizing Number Variation: Evidence from Russian Noun Phrases with Coordinated Modifiers"
- Kirill Chuprinko, Varvara Magomedova, Natalia Slioussar "Phonology and Semantics in Morphological Processing: Gender Agreement with Indeclinable Nouns"
2:35pm Session 4
- Maksim Kireev, Aleksander Korotkov, Valeria Gershkovich, Nadezhda Moroshkina, Natalia Slioussar, Viktor Allakhverdov, Tatiana Chernigovskaya "Hippocampal Inhibition as a Possible Brain Mechanism for Suppression of Non-selected Solutions in Ambiguity Resolution"
- Olga Sizova "Features of the Formation of Pronunciation as a Marker of Speech Disorders Mechanism"
- Ekaterina Shcheglova, Tatiana Bolgina, Ekaterina Iskra, Olga Dragoy "Voxel-Based Morphometry in Children with Dyslexia and Healthy Controls: A Comparison of Pipelines"
- Lilia Terekhina, Federico Gallo, Andriy Myachykov "The Three-Way Relationship Among Sleep Quality, Bilingualism and Cognition"
4:15pm Coffee break
4:30pm Keynote lecture 4. Yury Shtyrov "Neurocognitive Systems for Verbal Learning"
5:30pm Poster session 2
- Aleksandra Dolgoarshinnaya, Beatriz Martín-Luengo "Do Intermediate and Advanced Bilinguals Differ in Self-Other Source Monitoring?"
- Elizaveta Puchkova, Irina Korobenkova, Alina Shustova, Yana Levchenko, Irina Gabidulina "Diachronic Change of the Associative Norm: Evidence from Russian"
- Artemy Razumnov, Daria Chernova "Absorption Questionnaires as a Tool to Assess Literary Text Processing"
- Anastasia Mazurina, Aleksandra Gorbacheva, Anton Varlamov "Appropriateness of Interpersonal Touch in Russian Culture: The Effects of Communication Context and Morphological Properties of a Touch Gesture"
- Ekaterina Nasyrova, Elena Riekhakaynen, Lada Skorobagatko, Vladislav Zubov "To Speak or To Read: Second Edition"
- Arseny Anisimov "What Makes Russian Words Funny"
- Daria Lundina, Olga Kruchinina, Elizaveta Galperina "Eye-Tracking Evaluation of Strategies for Analyzing and Reanalyzing Grammatical Markers of Thematic Roles in a Sentence"
- Maria Kochneva "Processing of High- and Low-Frequency Russian Binomials"
- Lada Pasko "Against ATB-Analysis of Partial Predicative Agreement in Russian: An Experimental Study"
- Sofia Martynenko "Nods and Their Functions in Russian and Korean Dialogues"
- Natalia Eremina, V. Stepanov "Literary Translation in the Reception of Primary and Secondary Linguistic Personality"
- Irina Pavlovskaya, Vladislav Bogevolnov, Hao Lan "Linguo-Phisiological Correlates of Breath Groups in English and Chinese"
- Yury Makarov "Palatographic Study of Shughni Coronals"
- Elizaveta Vilenchik, Natalia Slioussar "Different Types of Orthographic Manipulations when Identifying Errors in Russian Words"
- Polina Eysmont "Acquisition of Secondary Narrative Skills: The Case of Visual Stimulus"
- Aleksandra Evdokimova "Features of Data Markup for a Database of Accentuated Byzantine Inscriptions"
18:50pm Conference closure