Modern Media Landscapes
Roundtable discussion "On the Other Side of Post-Truth: Modern Media Landscapes" in the framework of "Politics and Culture" Seminar (58–60 Galernaya Street).
9:30am Introductory remarks: Friedrich Cain (Germany), Daria Petushkova (Moscow), Jan Surman (High School of Economics, Moscow)
10:00am Bernhard Kleeberg (University of Erfurt, Germany) "The Truth-Era: Epistemologies of Desintegration"
11:15am Coffee break
11:30am Session 1. Chair: Dietlind Huchtker
- Diego Han (Zagreb University, Croatia) "The Post-Truth Bias: A Historical Perspective"
- Andreas Langenohl (University of Giessen, Germany) "Post-Truth or Post-Normativity? Remarks on Recent Critiques of Public Political Communication"
2:30pm Session 2. Chair: Friedrich Cain
- Philipp Kohl (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany) "Image Stabilization: The Camera and the Post-Political (Loznitsa, Navalny)"
- Armen Aramyan (Moscow) "Anthropology of Advertising and Production of Non-truths"
4:00pm Coffee break
4:30pm Session 3. Chair: Ilia Kalinin
- Greg Yudin (High School of Economics; Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences) "Against Tyranny of Truth in Politics"
- Aleksander Bikbov (School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences, France) "How do French Yellow Vests and Russian White Stripes Rationalize Political Anomalies"
10:00–12:15pm Session 4. Chair: Armen Aramyan
- Olga Savinskaya (High School of Economics, Moscow) "Censorship and Self-Censorship in Social Networks: Search for Rationale Logics in Online Storytelling"
- Solovieva Olga (High School of Economics, Moscow), Zhigaylov Aleksander (High School of Economics, Moscow), Smirnov Philipp (High School of Economics, Moscow), Boyarshinova Polina (Moscow) "Non-political Manifestation of Post-Truth"
- Konstantin Gabov (Moscow Institute for Social and Cultural Programs) "Experts of the Youtube: What Type of Knowledge is Produced in the (Post-) Social Media Era?"
1:15pm Session 5. Chair: Jan Surman
- Zhanna Mylogorodska (University of Leipzig, Germany) "The Image of Divided Ukraine Presented on Maps"
- Sophie Schmaing (University of Giessen, Germany) "Performative Aspects of Popular Sovereignty in the Recent Russian-Ukrainian Conflict"
2:45pm Coffee break
3:00 Session 6. Chair: Daria Petushkova
- Darya Khokhlova (Winzavod Contemporary Art Center, Moscow), Nikita Khokhlov (High School of Economics, Moscow) "The Soviet Union Did not Collapse: Post-Truth Through the Russian Popular Music (2010—Present)"
- Ilia Yablokov (University of Leeds, England) "What Really Happened in 1991? The Soviet Collapse and the Culture of Conspiracy in the Post-Soviet Space"
4:30pm Coffee break
5:00pm Keynote: Stef Aupers (Catholic University of Leuven, Belgique) "Conspiracy Theories"