19.04.2012 / 13:00
Teaching Sciences in Liberal Arts Context
Discussion "Teaching Sciences in Liberal Arts Context" in the framework of the St. Petersburg Cognitive Research Seminar and Seminar on "Practices of Liberal Education" (58–60 Galernaya Street).
- Tatiana Chernigovskaya (SPbU) Introduction
- Tim Stearns (Stanford University, USA) "Using Human Biology to Engage Students in Experimental Science"
- Felicia Keesing (Bard College, USA) "A Prescription for Transforming Undergraduate Education in the Sciences"
- Martha Cyert (Stanford University, USA) "Introducing Stanford Undergraduates to Scientific Thinking and Analysis"
- Aleksei Khodyakov (Rensselaer Politechnic Institute, USA) "Research Experiences for Undergraduate Students"
- Darcy Kelley (Columbia University, USA) "Creating a Science Component for a Liberal Arts Curriculum"
SeminarThe Russian Forest of Symbols
ConferenceHedonism in Russian Culture