Multidisciplinarity in Science and Art
The Sixth Smolny Student Conference "Multidisciplinarity in Science and Art: Trends and Perspectives" (58–60 Galernaya Street).
- 10:00am Registration
- 11:00am Roundtable discussion "Heuristic Potential of Cultural Studies in Multidisciplinary Research"
- 2:00pm Excursions and free time
- 3:00pm Roundtable discussion "Comparative Studies of Local Identities"
- 6:00pm Opening Ceremony
- 7:00pm Welcome reception
- 10:00am Opening remarks and discussion on the synthesis of science and art: Tatiana Chernigovskaya, Ivan Chechot (SPbU)
- 12:15pm Session 1
- 3:15pm Session 2
- 5:30pm Debate "Should Individuals Embrace Start-up Culture and Start Their Own Companies or Should They Pursue Traditional Career Paths?"
- 7:30pm Language and Thinking Show
- 7:30pm Students' short film festival
- 9:00pm Sightseeing bus tour "St. Petersburg at Night"
10:00am Workshops and roundtable discussions
- How not to: A Guide to Writing Bad Abstracts and Articles (requires knowledge of Russian language)
- Employer and Applicant: A Dialogue or...
- "Academic Style" and "Author's Voice" in a Scientific Paper: Are They Compatible?
- The Role of Women in Promoting and Studying Art
- Roundtable discussion on Global Citizenship
- Experts' Guide on How to Succeed With Уour Project
- 12:20pm Session 3
- 3:30pm Session 4
- 4:45pm Keynote lecture: Nikolai Yankovsky, Svetlana Borinskaya (Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Moscow) "Genetic Approaches in Humanities"
- 6:30pm Interactive keynote lecture: Dmitry Prokuratov (State Hermitage Museum) "How Did a Physicist and Art Become Friends at the Hermitage"
- 8:00pm Closing and Award Ceremony
SeminarWhat's in a Name?
SeminarThe Russian Forest of Symbols
ConferenceHedonism in Russian Culture